1 SleepPro Contour® + 1 Chin Support Strap combination
- It has a low profile
- The only appliance with upper and lower trays that are each uniquely designed to fit the upper and lower dental arches comfortably
- Adjustable tension straps giving 0-12 mm of lower advancement in 1.5 mm increments
- Easy attachment/removal of straps for precise adjustment
- Thermo-polymer liner ensuring a firm and comfortable fit
- Unique alignment plate to aid easy fitting and ensure maximum benefit from the mouthpiece
- Smooth contoured outer surfaces to prevent rubbing
- Fixed breathing “space” for ease of use for open mouth breathers
- It has no metal parts, no external pins or straps
The SleepPro Contour consists of two hard trays, one made specifically to contour the upper arch and one specifically for the lower. Each tray is filled with a custom blended thermoformable polymer. The trays are attached with interchangable straps. Straps of varying lengths are provided to provide a custom personal advancement. When fitted, the interchangeable straps enable precise incremental advancement of the lower jaw. This jaw advancement restores the tension in the upper airway and prevents the soft tissues from collapsing and obstructing the upper airway.
The SleepPro Contour can be used for:
- Primary snoring.
- Mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea in adults (under the advice of a medical professional)
- CPAP intolerance
- Intermittent use by patients unable to use CPAP when travelling (under the guidance and advice of their medical professional)
Please read these instructions through thoroughly before commencing the fitting process.
- Identify which tray is for the upper teeth and which one is for the lower. The words “Upper” and “Lower” are etched on the base of each tray. The upper tray also has a pronounced dip in the front.
- We suggest that you try snapping the inserts and in time the straps on each pin and each matching insert/strap hole first without trying to assemble. It takes a fair amount of force but there is a definite “snap” reward when fully engaged. Remember there is a “hook” on each pin. You need to fit the “hole” over the hook first, then snap the other up angled side down.
- Secure the fitting plate/handle to the UPPER & LOWER tray and gently immerse in freshly boiled water for 3 minutes until the gel lining becomes softened.
- Carefully remove from the water and gently shake off any excess. Before placing into the mouth, hold the mouthpiece against the back of your hand to check that it is not too hot.
- Place the tray in your mouth over the top teeth first, with your front teeth as close as possible to the front edge and keeping the central reference line (raised vertical bar) between your two front teeth.
- Push your lower jaw forward slightly so that your lower teeth bite into the middle of the gel.
- Bite down firmly so that your teeth sink into the soft gel and you feel them make contact with the hard shell. Any excess gel displaced can be pushed and moulded with a wet finger to ensure firm contact with the teeth. Allow the gel to cool for 30-40 seconds then carefully remove and rinse in cold water to “set” the shape. The gel layer can be carefully trimmed with scissors when warm if it extends too far onto the gums and is uncomfortable.
- Allow to cool well in cold water for 2 minutes.
- Remove the fitting plate/handle which can be stored for future use should you wish to re-mould.
- Now attach a matched pair of tension straps, it is suggested that you try using the middle pair first; the setting is suitable for a majority of users. If you find this does not stop your snoring move down to the next shorter pair. Conversely, should you find the first setting too far forward, select the next pair of straps above. There may be a few nights of trial before finding the optimum setting. You may require a little patience and perseverance, but it will be worth it.
Improving the fit:
- If you have some missing teeth or feel the gel liner does not grip well enough we have enclosed some small sticks of “addition gel”
- Reattach the fitting handle/plate.
- Immerse in hot water again for 30 seconds to slightly soften the surface. Remove from the water and in the areas requiring improvement place a few pieces of the addition gel. These should stick to the tacky surface. Immerse in hot water again for 1 minute and repeat the fitting process.
If all goes wrong; Simple attach the fitting handle/plate and immerse in hot water for 2 minutes, remove from the water and with damp fingers push all the gel level, return to the hot water, reheat for 1 minute and repeat the fitting instructions.
You should seek advice from your medical professional before fitting this device if you have any of the following:
- TMJ dysfunction
- Mobile teeth or crowns, periodontitis, large gaps between teeth.
- Over sensitive gag reflex
- Central sleep apnoea
- Limited mandibular advancement
Remember, if you aren’t happy, simply send it back to us within 45 days for a 100% refund (less shipping).
50% Maximum Risk Warranty
Effective September 24, 2012, we are happy to refund per the following within 45 days, less our original shipping cost, subject to the following limitations:
- The SleepPro Contour product carries a 50% – 45 day warranty
- The SleepPro 2 Custom is a custom-manufactured (for you only) appliance, purchased after due thought and testing. No warranty is stated or implied for the SleepPro 2 Custom appliance.
- Combination discount will be deducted from refund where applicable.
- Whether you actually use the appliance or not, once it has left our hands, it is considered “used”. We cannot, under any circumstances, resell any returned appliances. They are examined, documented and then immediately destroyed.
- The appliance must be shipped according to our instructions (below).
- Resale accounts are not eligible for this risk warranty or the repeat order discount.
RETURN SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS
Please read and follow exactly. Please contact us first, permission is not required to return however our experienced staff may be able to assist you. Please ship via post, and only post (Standard surface or air mail, in an envelope is the most economical).
- Mark the package “Canadian Goods Returning”, and “No Commercial Value.”
- Your return address must be the same as the original “ship to” address, clearly marked on the outside of your return package. No protective, special packaging required.
- Include a note of explanation and your name and address in full.
- Please include an invoice number, there is no reason for special packaging, the contents being returned truly have no value and require no protection. No value on any customs form required please.
- As well as the above comments, shipping by any other method (other than regular postage) will automatically be returned to the sender, at the sender’s cost.
- Shipping Address:
Therapy Control Products Inc.
PO Box 70058,
Canada T4B 0V9
Our Chin Support Strap is a simple, affordable anti-snoring device that is worn across the chin and around the top / back of the head. It is used primarily to treat snoring caused by sleeping with the mouth open. Our exclusive adjustable design is a one-piece, two-strap unit, made of stretchy, comfortable SBR and Nylon. Our Chin Support Strap assists in keeping the jaw and mouth closed, thus forcing the mouth snorer to breathe through the nasal passages. It can be easily positioned for comfort. An additional benefit is that it greatly reduces dry mouth.
Treats Open Mouth Snoring
The affordable Chin Support Strap keeps the slack jaw closed effectively and keeps the mouth shut during sleep. This encourages the snorer to breathe through the nose. About 80% of snorers are open-mouth snorers, so a Chin Support Strap is often an economical treatment. We believe they are most effective when utilized together with one of our Sleep Pro appliances. The Sleep Pro will advance the jaw(mandible) forward in order to open the airway. Using these two devices together will force nasal breathing plus keep your airway open. Very few people snore when they are breathing through the nose, and with the mandible advanced. As well, we offer a discounted price when the Sleep Pro and Chin Support Strap are purchased at the same time.
How Does It Work?
The anti-snoring Chin Support Strap wraps around the chin and the top / back of the head to encourage the jaw to stay closed and mouth shut during sleep. It’s a very simple device, easy to use, easy to clean (hand or machine wash). It is compact to store or travel with. Our exclusive one-piece, two-strap design ensures comfort and position during sleep.
We have reviewed several chin strap models and have found this unit to be a well made, affordable, durable, easy to clean, and comfortable anti-snoring chin strap. User feedback is positive and most snorers report that after a few nights they don’t even realize they are wearing it at all. An anti-snoring Chin Support Strap will, in many cases, provide an almost instantaneous cessation of chronic snoring without expensive, invasive procedures.
How Does It Fit?
Position the Chin Support Strap as pictured. For additional closing force, place straps more toward the front, even to the extent of overlapping the rear strap onto the front strap. You can cross the rear strap over the front strap for more upward force. Experiment with differing tension, using our exclusive two-strap adjustable tension and positioning system. Once a comfortable workable position is obtained, you can simply slip the unit off and on without changing the adjustment positions. It can also be repositioned at any later time, if desired. This custom-designed adjustable two-strap unit ensures comfortable tension while ensuring position integrity during sleep. Note which strap you prefer as the rear or front by remembering in which position you place the labeled strap.