1 SleepPro 1® + 1 Chin Support Strap combination
Thank you for ordering a SleepPro 1. Mandibular advancement devices work by (i) pushing the jaw forward to create more space to breathe through in the upper airway and (ii) gently stretching the soft palate. This can be a very effective way of stopping snoring and making it easier to breathe while asleep.
Most people can fit a SleepPro 1 themselves with no complications. However, some people benefit from having their dentist assess their teeth prior to fitting. If you think that this may be the case for you, then please make a dental appointment before fitting the device. We want you to overcome your snoring or sleep problem, but we don’t want you to come to any harm. In the unlikely event that your dentist advises that a mandibular advancement device is unsuitable for your teeth, then please contact us.
Please take your SleepPro 1 with you every time you go for a routine dental check-up. Tell your dentist that you are using a mandibular advancement device and ask him or her to check for signs that it may be affecting your teeth or gums.
Please follow the fitting instructions very carefully and please note SleepPros may be unsuitable for people with bridgework. If your SleepPro 1 does not work right away on the first night, then it needs to be remolded. Do not persevere in the hope it will get better. It will not. It needs to be remolded.
- If you are still snoring, then you may need to remold the SleepPro 1 with your jaw further forward.
- If your jaw muscles hurt, then you may need to remold it with your jaw less far forward.
- If it stops your snoring, but then your jaw drops out and you start snoring again, then you need to remold it taking extra care to push the mouthpiece against your teeth with your fingers and tongue during the molding process, or upgrade to a SleepPro 2 Custom. You may also like to try our SomnoSupport Chin Strap which is designed to keep your mouth from falling open while asleep.
Should you have any problems fitting your SleepPro 1, please read our Frequently Asked Questions and Answers document. It has lots of information about what to do if your SleepPro 1 does not work.
The white plastic insert that comes with the SleepPro is very important. It is only used during the fitting process and is designed to keep the breathing holes open during the fitting process. It has another useful function and that is a way of seeing whether you have pushed your jaw forward, as it will rise like a drawbridge when your jaw goes forward. Once you have completed the fitting, you should remove it, but keep it somewhere safe in case you decide to redo the fitting at a later date.
What to expect in the first weeks:
Your partner will know whether the device works for you on the first night. However, it can take anything from a few days to couple of weeks to get used to wearing a SleepPro 1. As soon as you know that pushing your jaw forward stops your snoring, even if only for a short while, you can then consider upgrading to our SleepPro 2 Custom, in the confidence that it will also work and that it will be easier to wear through the night. Or, like many of our customers, you may choose to keep using a SleepPro 1.
Some people tell us that for the first few nights they have difficulty keeping the mouthpiece in their mouth for the whole night, or it may fall out while asleep. This is normal and improves with time. Some people wear the mouthpiece for short periods during the day while they get used to it. Note: you are less likely to have these problems with a custom-made device, like our SleepPro 2 Custom.
The device will feel more comfortable with time. Many people experience discomfort in the front teeth during the settling in period. This is normal and usually disappears shortly after removing the mouthpiece. However, if the discomfort is excessive, or you feel that damage is being done to your teeth or gums, then stop using the device immediately and contact us. Once again, a custom made mandibular advancement device, like a SleepPro 2 Custom is likely to alleviate these problems.
Snoring and Sleep Apnea
Most people with Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) snore, but only a small percentage of snorers have OSA. If your partner has noticed pauses in your breathing while you sleep, or if you have significant daytime tiredness, then you should mention this to your doctor and ask about a sleep study.
100% Maximum Risk Warranty
Effective September 24, 2012, we are happy to refund per the following within 45 days, less our original shipping cost, subject to the following limitations:
- The above 100% warranty applies to the SleepPro 1 and Noiselezz and NOISELEZZ® II (SnoreEraser) product only.
- The SleepPro SFA product carries a 50% – 45 day warranty
- The SleepPro 2 Custom is a custom-manufactured (for you only) appliance, purchased after due thought and testing. No warranty is stated or implied for the SleepPro 2 Custom appliance.
- Combination discount will be deducted from refund where applicable.
- Whether you actually use the appliance or not, once it has left our hands, it is considered “used”. We cannot, under any circumstances, resell any returned appliances. They are examined, documented and then immediately destroyed.
- The appliance must be shipped according to our instructions (below).
- Resale accounts are not eligible for this risk warranty or the repeat order discount.
RETURN SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS
Please read and follow exactly. Please contact us first, permission is not required to return however our experienced staff may be able to assist you. Please ship via post, and only post (Standard surface or air mail, in an envelope is the most economical).
- Mark the package “Canadian Goods Returning”, and “No Commercial Value.”
- Your return address must be the same as the original “ship to” address, clearly marked on the outside of your return package. No protective, special packaging required.
- Include a note of explanation and your name and address in full.
- Please include an invoice number, there is no reason for special packaging, the contents being returned truly have no value and require no protection. No value on any customs form required please.
- As well as the above comments, shipping by any other method (other than regular postage) will automatically be returned to the sender, at the sender’s cost.
- Shipping Address:
Therapy Control Products Inc.
PO Box 70058,
Canada T4B 0V9
Treats Open Mouth Snoring
The affordable Chin Support Strap keeps the slack jaw closed effectively and keeps the mouth shut during sleep. This encourages the snorer to breathe through the nose. About 80% of snorers are open-mouth snorers, so a Chin Support Strap is often an economical treatment. We believe they are most effective when utilized together with one of our Sleep Pro appliances. The Sleep Pro will advance the jaw(mandible) forward in order to open the airway. Using these two devices together will force nasal breathing plus keep your airway open. Very few people snore when they are breathing through the nose, and with the mandible advanced. As well, we offer a discounted price when the Sleep Pro and Chin Support Strap are purchased at the same time.
How Does It Work?
The anti-snoring Chin Support Strap wraps around the chin and the top / back of the head to encourage the jaw to stay closed and mouth shut during sleep. It’s a very simple device, easy to use, easy to clean (hand or machine wash). It is compact to store or travel with. Our exclusive one-piece, two-strap design ensures comfort and position during sleep.
We have reviewed several chin strap models and have found this unit to be a well made, affordable, durable, easy to clean, and comfortable anti-snoring chin strap. User feedback is positive and most snorers report that after a few nights they don’t even realize they are wearing it at all. An anti-snoring Chin Support Strap will, in many cases, provide an almost instantaneous cessation of chronic snoring without expensive, invasive procedures.
How Does It Fit?
Position the Chin Support Strap as pictured. For additional closing force, place straps more toward the front, even to the extent of overlapping the rear strap onto the front strap. You can cross the rear strap over the front strap for more upward force. Experiment with differing tension, using our exclusive two-strap adjustable tension and positioning system. Once a comfortable workable position is obtained, you can simply slip the unit off and on without changing the adjustment positions. It can also be repositioned at any later time, if desired. This custom-designed adjustable two-strap unit ensures comfortable tension while ensuring position integrity during sleep. Note which strap you prefer as the rear or front by remembering in which position you place the labeled strap.